The Director of College Counseling advises students in preparation for standardized testing, college admissions, and career paths. The open door policy allows students the opportunity to visit between classes, during break, lunch, or study hall, or by appointment after school hours. Wardlaw Academy provides many tools that help students achieve success in high school while also aiding students with college and career planning. Parent meetings are planned at the beginning of each year for 6th grade and 9th-12th grades. Additionally, a financial aid presentation is planned, the PSAT is administered on campus during October, and students take an SAT prep workshop to prepare them for the SAT and ACT tests they begin taking during their junior year. Below, you will find several links that are helpful with all aspects of college and career planning. To view the full school profile click here.
Wardlaw Academy would like for this website to be as helpful and effective as possible to all users. Please send any suggestions you have regarding the College Counseling website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PSAT and SAT link – https://www.collegeboard.org/
- SAT Registration Dates – https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/dates-deadlines
- Khan Academy SAT Practice – https://www.khanacademy.org/sat?utm_source=cbhp-abtest-ctrlver&utm_medium=cb418-link&utm_campaign=practice
- ACT link and Registration Dates – www.act.org/student
- South Carolina Occupational Information System – www.scois.net – (Please email email@example.com for username and password information.)
- SC Commission on Higher Education (HOPE, LIFE, and Palmetto Fellow Scholarship information) – http://www.che.sc.gov/Students,FamiliesMilitary/PayingForCollege/FinancialAssistanceAvailable/ScholarshipGrantGuidelines,RegsLegislation.aspx
- NCAA Eligibility Center link – http://eligibilitycenter.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA_EMS.html
- Scholarship Search – www.scholarships.com
- Scholarship Soup – www.schoolsoup.com/scholarship-directory
- LendEdu‘s guide to college scholarships – https://lendedu.com/blog/scholarships/
- Watson-Brown Scholarship – http://www.watson-brown.org/scholarship/
The Class of 2017
Graduates of the Class of 2017, better known as “The Breakfast Club,” made their way across the stage on Friday, May 26, 2017. The broad array of personalities was displayed as each student played a part in the traditional Wardlaw graduation ceremony. Mr. Joe Hulsey, the new Head of School for the 2016-2017 school year, challenged the seniors to find success in the plans God has intended for them. As the Class of 2017 pursues new goals, I pray that each student will listen to God and follow the path He has planned as promised in Jeremiah 29:11.
The class valedictorian, Beth Warnken, will attend the honors college at Winthrop University. Terrence Singleton, salutatorian, will study political science at Clemson University with plans of becoming a lawyer. Mikael Gamal will stay in the United States and live in Greenwood, SC at Lander University where he will major in mathematics and computers. Abby Johnson is also heading to Lander to study graphic design. Hammond Manly will continue his cross country career at Spartanburg Methodist College. Scott Saxon will study wildlife biology at Clemson University. Hunter Sherrill will enter the workforce and join the family construction business, Cory’s Designs. Wesley Vega is completing the process to enlist in the U.S. Navy. Kylie Wash will attend Piedmont Technical College in Greenwood with plans of becoming a radiologic technologist concentrating in MRI.
As you can see, “The Breakfast Club” has many diverse goals and interests. Wardlaw Academy has given each of these students a strong foundation to pursue future goals. As the graduates spread their wings, the Wardlaw family will be praying that each of them includes God in both the forming and the pursuit of their plans so that “No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you.” Joshua 1:5. Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
***PLEASE CONTACT THE COLLEGE COUNSELING OFFICE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN INFORMATION ABOUT VARIOUS SUMMER PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES.***